Servicing and maintenance
With every new van from Vansdirect, taken on either a finance lease or hire purchase agreement, you have the option to include one of our maintenance packages which covers the costs of servicing, maintenance, and MOT testing for the duration of your contract. Prices start from just £20 + VAT per month.
How our servicing and maintenance package works
When your vehicle indicates a service or MOT is due, you simply contact our maintenance team, and they will manage the whole process for you. They will:
- Find the closest approved garage to your home or work address
- Arrange collection and delivery of your vehicle with the respective garage*
- Authorise any work on your behalf
- Contact you with any pre-negotiated costs associated with work that falls outside of the contract to seek authorisation to proceed
Our guaranteed servicing and maintenance package includes:
- 24 hour assistance / driver helpline
- Servicing, maintenance and repair (SMR).
- MOT testing
- Accident management
- Breakdown assistance, including home start
- Tyre replacements, fair wear and tear and punctures*
- Warranty claim bookings
- 16,000 approved garages across the UK
- Free vehicle collection and delivery on day of vehicle service, subject to availability**
- Free courtesy car, on day of vehicle service, subject to availability**
Servicing – what’s covered?
As part of the vehicle’s service, the guaranteed maintenance contract will cover but is not limited to:
- Checking the engine oil and replacing / topping up if required
- Brake pads and discs
- Fuel, oil, air and pollen filters
- Spark plugs
- Topping up Adblue
- Checking and topping up fluids such as brake fluid, engine coolant and windscreen washer fluid
- General servicing vehicle checks, including testing the battery, checking the suspension system and tyres
- Resetting the service light
Some repairs will fall outside of the guaranteed maintenance contract. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Tyre sidewall damage
- Irreparable punctures to the tyre shoulder or sidewall
- Repairs to alloys wheels or replacement alloy wheels
- The purchase and fitting of winter tyres
Tyre fair wear and tear and punctures are covered under our guaranteed maintenance package. When tyres reach 2mm tread depth, you will be able to replace them as part of your contract. This is essential to keep you and others safe on the road.
Where a puncture is in the central body of the tyre, we will either repair or replace the tyre. If the sidewall is damaged, it will not be repairable, and the cost of a replacement tyre falls outside of your
Can I take a maintenance package with a contract hire agreement?
For our contract hire customers, maintenance packages are available via the finance company which is funding your vehicle. When we know which finance company we will be using for your new van, we will be able to take you through the details of their maintenance package and what is included.